Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Activate Form using a macro

I'm trying to do something relatively simple. I want to run a small macro
that will automatically click on a cell (range name of "begin") and then
active the Form (Data - form...). This is a work related worksheet, and my
co-workers can not remember where to activate the form.

Now, I tried doing the recorded macro, but it always fails. I have seen this
macro, but I can't seem to recreate it. What am I doing wrong??

"Sub Userform()
'
' Userform Macro
' Macro recorded 5/22/2005 by Voldemore
'

'
Range("A4").Select
ActiveSheet.ShowDataForm
End Sub"
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

the Data=Form only looks in A1:B2 for the beginning of your data. Since
your data apparently starts in A4, it fails to find it. You can overcome
this by naming your range Database

"Sub Userform()
'
' Userform Macro
' Macro recorded 5/22/2005 by Voldemore
'

'
Range("A4").CurrentRegion.Name = "DataBase"
Range("A4").Select
ActiveSheet.ShowDataForm
End Sub

If you have data in Row 3 then you may have to use more code to determine
the exact extent of your data.

Tom Ogilvy