Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Formula NOT working

I am Not new to Excel. The simple Counta formula has just Quit working. It
counts all the cells. Is this a new problem or does anyone know what I am
suppose to do?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Are you sure there are no blank strings or spaces in the cells?

--

Vasant

"buddyorliz" wrote in message
I am Not new to Excel. The simple Counta formula has just Quit working. It
counts all the cells. Is this a new problem or does anyone know what I am
suppose to do?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

WOW, why when I take the information out there is still something there?
I hightlighted all the cells and clicked clear contents and YEP it works now.
I don't suppose you know what in the world was in those cells that I could
not see?
Thanks, Wish I had asked you 5 hours ago....

"Vasant Nanavati" wrote:

Are you sure there are no blank strings or spaces in the cells?

--

Vasant

"buddyorliz" wrote in message
I am Not new to Excel. The simple Counta formula has just Quit working. It
counts all the cells. Is this a new problem or does anyone know what I am
suppose to do?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Well, I thought they were empty, no formulas, no data...
I don't know what a zero length is, or how I got stings
Can you tell me how I would Know they were not empty?
Thanks for you help.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

sounds like none of the cells are empty. Perhaps they have zero length
strings or something similar.

Tom Ogilvy

"buddyorliz" wrote in message
I am Not new to Excel. The simple Counta formula has just Quit working. It
counts all the cells. Is this a new problem or does anyone know what I am
suppose to do?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

One way is if you have a formula like

=If(True,"","")

then copy this cell and do paste special = values on itself to replace the
formula.

Less likely:
Another is to clear the cell using the spacebar.

Tom Ogilvy

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

sounds like none of the cells are empty. Perhaps they have zero length
strings or something similar.

Tom Ogilvy

"buddyorliz" wrote in message
I am Not new to Excel. The simple Counta formula has just Quit

working. It
counts all the cells. Is this a new problem or does anyone know what I

am
suppose to do?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The space bar is what I usually use to clear contents and it evently was Not
clearing everything.
Thats what I'm saying, after I did that I could not see anything and there
should not have been Anything it that cell, No formula No data, nothing,
However, unless I use the clear contents comand, it is still countaing every
cell.

So maybe something IS worng with the program?

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

sounds like none of the cells are empty. Perhaps they have zero length
strings or something similar.

Tom Ogilvy

"buddyorliz" wrote in message
I am Not new to Excel. The simple Counta formula has just Quit

working. It
counts all the cells. Is this a new problem or does anyone know what I

am
suppose to do?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Now THAT answers my question and works perfectly.
Only been working with Excel about 3 years, Learn Learn Learn..
Thank you Vasant....