Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Saving a Worksheet Shape as a Graphic File !

Hi,

Any idea how I can programatically save to disc an embeeded Shape in a
WorkSheet as a graphic bitmap file ?

Regards.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

have you seen Stephen Bullen's Paste picture example?
http://www.oaltd.co.uk/DLCount/DLCou...stePicture.zip

for a shape..
use shape's CopyPicture to put it in the clipboard

use pastepicture to retrieve the clipboard data into
an ole IPICTURE

use OLE Automation (stdole)'s SavePicure function
to save the IPICTURE to disk.

--
keepITcool

RAFAAJ2000 wrote :

Hi,

Any idea how I can programatically save to disc an embeeded Shape in
a WorkSheet as a graphic bitmap file ?

Regards.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Wow, that's relly cool :)

Although I don't really understand the role of the IID_IDispatch UDT
variable.

'Create the interface GUID for the picture
With IID_IDispatch
.Data1 = &H7BF80980
.Data2 = &HBF32
.Data3 = &H101A
.Data4(0) = &H8B
.Data4(1) = &HBB
.Data4(2) = &H0
.Data4(3) = &HAA
.Data4(4) = &H0
.Data4(5) = &H30
.Data4(6) = &HC
.Data4(7) = &HAB
End With

Do the above Data Constantes remain always the same ?

Also, is it possible to to create a Picture via code ( from scratch) without
having to first convert an image from the ClipBoard ?

Thanks again.

RAFAAJ2000 wrote :

Hi,

Any idea how I can programatically save to disc an embeeded Shape in
a WorkSheet as a graphic bitmap file ?

Regards.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

it's an ID so what's surprising about it being a constant?

--
keepITcool

www.XLsupport.com | keepITcool chello nl | amsterdam