Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Skip Autocomplete if need be

Hi all,

While keeping Autocomplete on, is there like a keyboard shortcut to
skip autocomplete for a given cell input ?
TIA
Cheers
Carim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Carim,

Simply press the backspace key when you have entered as much as you want.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Carim" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi all,

While keeping Autocomplete on, is there like a keyboard shortcut to
skip autocomplete for a given cell input ?
TIA
Cheers
Carim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bernie,

Thanks for your input.
As a matter of fact, from the field captions of a pivot table, I am
trying to store the new value keyed-in by the user to automatically go
and update the original database in a separate workbook...
This procedure works fine ... provided the field content is unique...
but when the field value is a single character (repeated in the column)
the autocomplete feature captures all similar fields and they all get
changed ...
Hence my question about turning off this autocomplete feature in a
pivot table ...

Thanks in advance for your insight
Cheers
Carim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Dave,

I have just better summarised my problem about turning off the
autocomplete feature in a pivot table.

Thanks a lot for your help
Cheers
Carim