Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Compatibility between excel 97, 2000, xp and multilangual user interface pack?!

Hi!

I have an excel-workbook that is created in excel -97 that has lots of
macros in it.

It executes its macros fine on the following system configurations:

- Excel 97 English, Windows 2000 English, Regional Settings = any setting

- Excel XP English, Windows XP English, Regional Settings = US English
(every other regional setting results in an error messeage stating that
there is a coding error).

- Excel XP Swedish, Windows XP Swedish, Regional Settings = Swedish

My customers system configuration is: Excel 2000 English, Windows 2000
English, Regional Settings = Swedish
and the macros refueses to execute no matter what regional settings I try.

I have installed multilangual user interface pack as mentioned by an article
I read but it just wont execute certain lines of code in the macros. Btw.
all code is written in english.

There is probably no coding errors since it runs fine in both excel 97 and
excel xp and it compiles in excel 2000 as well without any errors.

One VERY strange behaviour is that the lines of code that excel 2000 breaks
on runs fine if you copy the code to the immediate window but it wont
execute otherwise.

What might be wrong with this workbook or system configuration?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Olof,

it would help to see an example of some failing code,
or else mail me the workbook and I'll have a look.

my senderaddress uses rot13, else add @ and . to email below

--
keepITcool