Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Complex formatting help

From Rows to Columns

My friend is trying to teach me that Excel is much easier than Sed and
Awk, but I just cannot get the following raw data into correct column
format without hours of manual work. Is it possible to automate this
with Excel?
Basically I need 6 columns with the headings of PDI Number, Finding
Category, Reference, Description, Status, and For Example
I have provided two PDI results below out of 400. As you can see, the
For example changes size according to the finding but all other
headings remain the same. Please help
=========PDI=G033 Result========================

PDI Number: G033
Finding Category: CAT II
Reference: UNIX STIG: 3.4.2
or are out-of-date.

For example:
CRITICAL: Security Patch(es) Not Installed: (16).
CRITICAL: Recommended Patch(es) Not Installed: (16).
CRITICAL: Y2K Patch(es) Not Installed: (0).
CRITICAL: Installed Recommended Patch(es) That Are Outdated: (148).
OPTIONAL: System Software Patch(es) Not Installed/Outdated: (111).
dcp2 Has (183) Missing/Old Critical Patch(es)
dcp2 Has (111) Missing/Old System Software Patch(es).
A full report is in /tmp/Script.March/dcp2/dcp2.patch.report.
All patches listed may not apply to dcp2.

PDI Number: G037
Finding Category: CAT II
Reference: UNIX STIG: 3.4.3

For example:
-rw-rw-r-- 1 root other 674436 Apr 20 11:37 /var/adm/lastlog
-rw-rw-r-- 1 root other 658 Feb 15 14:52 /var/adm/loginlog