Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Trim not working

User enters their data on the form then clicks ok.
A sub executes, and initially I use trim on some of the
textboxes eg:

With FrmDataEntry
UsrName = Trim(.TbUsrName)
which doesn't work...and tried
UsrName = Trim(.TbUsrName.Value)
which doesn't work either.

However, this statement which is executed from a different form's click
event does work:

If Trim(Userform1.TextBox1) = "" Then

Education please!

Regards.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

VBA's Trim() function, unlike XL's TRIM(), doesn't remove internal
spaces. Is that's what's not working?

You could try:

UsrName = Application.Trim(.TbUsrName)

In article ,
"Stuart" wrote:

Might be useful if I mentioned the required end result(g),
namely to remove leading, trailing and intermediate spaces from the string.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Many thanks, but had tried that with a little, but not complete luck eg, if
the user string was:
sgb test 1 (ie loads of spaces) then
Application.Trim seems to result in:
sgb test 1 (ie one space between each element of the original string)
Is that the intended result?

For my purposes, I'm looking to reduce the user's data string to one
containing no 'spaces' whatsoever.

Regards.

"Stuart" wrote:

Might be useful if I mentioned the required end result(g),
namely to remove leading, trailing and intermediate spaces from the
string.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Seems the answer. Many thanks.
Regards.