Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Object doesn't support current locale setting: 'setlocale'

Hi NG,

I had to re-install my OS from scratch. Now after reinstalling every thing
(WIN XP Prof. & Office 2003) a web application does not work like it used to
(and it still is on other machines).

The application is starting an .asp Script which is then opening an Excel
grid within the web page. The grid has predefined Headings. Those headings
are not showing up anymore on my machine. I only see the grid with the
column heading being like in Excel A, B, C, ....
Internet Explorer shows me the following Error Message:
"Line: 624
Char: 2
ERror: Object doesn't support current locale settings: 'setlocale'
Code: 0

I don't have access to the .asp Code so I am not able to find out what
exactly is in Line 624.
I found in another NG that it seems to be related to REgional Settings and
some .old language file not being installed. But I could not find out more
and do not know what to do to solce this issue.

Thanks for any help!

Martin