Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Wrap a command line string

I have: Shell Path & Command
where Command starts with an executable and continues with a string of
switches/options. Something like
Command = "Execute .....a rather long string...."

The result is a long statement. To make it more readable and understandable,
I've tried splitting the string with "_" but this causes errors.

Am I using the underscore incorrectly, or is there a better way, please?

Regards.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Stuart

Do you have a space before the underscore, ie " _".

To spread a string over more than one line, it would look something
like this:

"Some text here" & _
"Some more text here" & _
"Yet more text"

Regards

Paul Martin
Melbourne, Australia

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try submitting some of the code so we can see what you need to do to
get it to work.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Stuart

I once had a persistent error with the Shell command, and it turned out
that the argument after Path needed quotation marks - Chr(34) - around
it. What errors are you getting?

Paul