Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Open attachments and run macros?

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this query. My VB skills are
poor but I'm sure this can be done. My question is this:

I get sent excel spreadsheets via email that contain information requests.
I am looking to see if its possible to
Use Outlook to scan an email when it arrives for a specific subject i.e
"Information Request". Automatically open this worksheet and run a macro
from within this worksheet. This macro would open a pre-designed log
spreadsheet and copy and paste certain cells from the information request to
the log sheet. This way we can keep a record of each request that comes in.

Any help would be greatfully appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Jamie
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Jamie

You can use Dick's example to get the attachment out of the mail and
copy it in a folder.
http://www.dicks-clicks.com/excel/olRetrieving.htm

You can use Ontime to check this folder every ?
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl