Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to remove 1 bar from bar chart??Thank you!

Hi there, I have this question:

I was sent a spreadsheet with all the bar charts. Data are not present
and data link is broken. Now I want to eliminate useless bars and only
leave out useful bars on the bar chart. I tried to select the bar I
don't want and delete, but it will delete all the bars. Can someone
teach me how to just delete 1 or 2 bars from the bar chart? Many thanks

in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This depends on whether the bars you wish to eliminate are separate series or
separate bars in the same series. Since you say you tried selecting a bar
and deleting and all the bars were deleted, that seems to indicate there is
only one series. You will then need to change the data range. Right-click
on the background of the chart until you see "Source Data..." Choose it and
then in the dialog click on the tab toward the top that says "Source Data".
Find the data series that is used for the bars. Change the "Values" so it
points to the range of "good" data, and then adjust the "Category (X) axis
labels" as well.