Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can't get it to work

I am making a score sheet(sheet1) and handicap sheet(sheet2) for golf. On
sheet1 I want to add names to the list and automatically have the names and
score and handicap go in a to z order. So I need the name and handicap to
move up or down if a name goes in front or behind. Then on sheet2, I want
the names and score with handicap to update automatically when entered on
sheet1. The order on sheet2 needs to go from lowest score to highest score.
Here is an example

sheet1 score hc net
smith, bill 86 17 69
taylor, bill 96 26 70
williams, bill 76 12 64

then sheet2 would automaticallydo this
williams, bill 76 12 64
smith, bill 86 17 69
taylor, bill 96 26 70

I want sheet2 to base the order on the column with the score.

Thank you for any help, and I am new at this
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

why not sort on name when needed and when needed sort on score. sheet2 not
needed. Just highlight(select) all cells, including title, then from menu
slect Data-Sort and follow promts.

"Tommy" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Using you test data, this worked fine:

Sub AA()
With Worksheets("Sheet1")
.Range("A1").CurrentRegion.Resize(, 4).Copy _
Destination:=Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("A1")
End With
Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("A1") _
.CurrentRegion.Sort Key1:= _
Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("B1"), _
Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=Yes

Tom Ogilvy

"Tommy" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

don't give out email address for fear junk people will autoscan for address.
however if I had your file I can send it right back to you with the buttons.
you will have to put my email address together. hotmail
eaglebasin1