Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default FollowHyperlink meathod closes workbook (Add-in) in 2003 and not 9

I have 1/2 a dozen add-ins that reference eachother, which are run by a menu.
They are all read-only and originally written in Excel 97. Now in Excel
2003, when this line of code runs, it causes an application error and
terminates Excel (because the add-in is closed but is referenced by other
workbooks). Note that these are not add-ins (Save as add-in), but rather the
addin property of the workbooks are set to yes.

ThisWorkbook.FollowHyperlink ThisWorkbook.Path & "\mydoc.doc"

I can't assume there is a workbook open, and cannot set the saved property
to false since they are read-only. I added "NewWindow:=True" to the end of
this code, but this did not resolve the problem either.

Any ideas? Another way to open a word doc?