Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to Remove Non-Contiguous Columns from Worksheet

I am new to using VBA in Excel. I am using Windows XP running Excel 2002. I
have a .csv file which has been converted to Excel. I need to delete several
columns that are non-contiguous, i.e., Columns A, B, D, G, H, I and M. In
addition I need to format some of the columns in order to display their
contents correctly. I was able to record a macro using the macro recorder
and it works, but the macro runs very slowly. I there a more efficient way
to accomplish these tasks? Any and all help appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It does not sound like you are too far off the mark. If the code works then
post it and we can take a look at it. A few questions thought. How many lines
of data in the CSV file? I understand that it could vary from file to file
but a ball park estimate would be good. Do you have any formulas which refer
to the data you are manipulating?

"sjane" wrote:

I am new to using VBA in Excel. I am using Windows XP running Excel 2002. I
have a .csv file which has been converted to Excel. I need to delete several
columns that are non-contiguous, i.e., Columns A, B, D, G, H, I and M. In
addition I need to format some of the columns in order to display their
contents correctly. I was able to record a macro using the macro recorder
and it works, but the macro runs very slowly. I there a more efficient way
to accomplish these tasks? Any and all help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you recorded a macro then it is probably inefficient, I suspect if you
posted the code someone will adapt and speed it up for you.

You might find just turning of screen updating might make it run fast
enough.

Put Application.ScreenUpdating = False at the beginning of you macro and
Application.ScreenUpdating = True at the end.

--
Cheers
Nigel