Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default XML Data Island in Excel Workbook?

My current challenge requires me to keep some xml data with the Excel
workbooks created for my application. This way, the workbooks can exist by
themselves and be e-mailed around without losing functionality.

My big question is: What is the best way to keep XML data with an Excel
Workbook for future use? The concept would be similar to an XML data island
in an HTML page. Some ideas I've kicked around are storing it as plain text
in a hidden sheet, or embedding an XML file object somewhere.

I need to be able to read and write to the xml data. The kicker is that I
also need to support Office 2k and higher.

Suggestions are more than appreciated, thanks in advance.

Todd Larson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

How much XML ?

--
Tim Williams
Palo Alto, CA

"Todd Larson" wrote in message
My current challenge requires me to keep some xml data with the Excel
workbooks created for my application. This way, the workbooks can exist

by
themselves and be e-mailed around without losing functionality.

My big question is: What is the best way to keep XML data with an Excel
Workbook for future use? The concept would be similar to an XML data

island
in an HTML page. Some ideas I've kicked around are storing it as plain

text
in a hidden sheet, or embedding an XML file object somewhere.

I need to be able to read and write to the xml data. The kicker is that I
also need to support Office 2k and higher.

Suggestions are more than appreciated, thanks in advance.

Todd Larson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'm not exactly sure how much, since the app is still in design phase. It
could be in the 100KB to 300KB range.

Todd Larson

"Tim Williams" wrote:

How much XML ?