Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Run Time Error 1004 Copy method of Worksheet class failed

I have a button on a worksheet that runs the CopySheet Macro:

Sub CopySheet()
ActiveSheet.Copy after:=Sheets(ActiveSheet.Index)
End Sub

It works fine for the first 25-30 times I use it, then it starts giving
me the following error:

Run-time error '1004'
Copy method of Worksheet class failed

When I shutdown and restart excel, it works again for 25-30 times.

Does anybody know why this would stop working?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Paul

See this Kb for a workaround
http://support.microsoft.com/default...84&Product=xlw

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Paul Hitchcock" wrote in message oups.com...
I have a button on a worksheet that runs the CopySheet Macro:

Sub CopySheet()
ActiveSheet.Copy after:=Sheets(ActiveSheet.Index)
End Sub

It works fine for the first 25-30 times I use it, then it starts giving
me the following error:

Run-time error '1004'
Copy method of Worksheet class failed

When I shutdown and restart excel, it works again for 25-30 times.

Does anybody know why this would stop working?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Paul,

Maybe something here...
XL2000: Copying Worksheet Programmatically Causes Run-Time Error 1004

XL97: Copy Method of Sheets Object Causes Invalid Page Fault

Jim Cone

San Francisco, USA