Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default What is a Conditional pull down menu?

Hello:

I recently received a request from a friend asking me how to create a
Conditional pull down menu? (I believe what he means is if the user selects a
certain item from the menu, a second menu will populate based on my first
selection)

I have never heard of it, I could develop one in VBA but I am not sure that
is what he wants. Any pointers in this direction would be helpful.

Regards,
-Neil

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Neil,

I recently received a request from a friend asking me how to create a
Conditional pull down menu? (I believe what he means is if the user
selects a certain item from the menu, a second menu will populate
based on my first selection)

well, ask him. That's always a good starting point for programming. You
could be right with your guess.

I have never heard of it, I could develop one in VBA

simple versions can be created with named ranges as data sources of the
pulldown menu. (incl. the offset()-worksheetfunction to define the
named range) without VBA.

arno