Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Cancelling the Sheet calculate Event !

Hi all,

As you know, there is no BeforeCalculate event and therefore there is no
easy way to Cancel the default event procedure as you would normally do with
other events like the BeforePrint or the BeforeRightClick events.

I am trying to be able to intercept this calculate event so that if let's
say Cell A1 is greater than 1000 and it's Font color is Red then the
calculation is cancelled ie The sheet doesn't calculate otherwise the
calculation proceeds as normal.

Is there a way around this without having to use a Timer ( Which I haven't
tried either) which has a bad performance impact .

Regards.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can turn calculation to manual and control it yourself

You can perhaps design your formulas to check some condition and use
intentional circular references.

Doing anything based on color pretty much requires VBA.

Tom Ogilvy