Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ed Ed is offline

Default Keep original wkbk open after SaveAs?

I open a "template" workbook, throw in some information and then do SaveAs
to create a new workbook. After I finish with the new workbook, though, I'd
like to go back and add some more stuff to the original "template". SaveAs,
though, closes the original and leaves me with just the new workbook. Is
there any way to leave the "template" workbook open to write to?

Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Ed,

Ed wrote:
I open a "template" workbook, throw in some information and then do
SaveAs to create a new workbook. After I finish with the new
workbook, though, I'd like to go back and add some more stuff to the
original "template". SaveAs, though, closes the original and leaves
me with just the new workbook. Is there any way to leave the
"template" workbook open to write to?

Look at the SaveCopyAs method - it does exactly what you're looking for.

Jake Marx
MS MVP - Excel
www.longhead.com