Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Mock AVERAGEIF statement not working

I looked up a mock AVERAGEIF statement and this is what I have:
=AVERAGE(IF(H6:H27="*",G6:G27))

What I have pertaining to this formula is:
Column G is "Score" and Column H is the marker which I enter * if I want to
use the number to calculate i.e.:
Score Use
15.74 *
21.79
17.93 *

Where I have the statement instead of getting the average 16.835 I get
"#Value!".

Where am I going wrong?

Thanks!!
Stacey

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Stacey

are you entering it with control & shift & enter rather than just enter as
it works for me.

--
Cheers
JulieD
"SMac" wrote in message
I looked up a mock AVERAGEIF statement and this is what I have:
=AVERAGE(IF(H6:H27="*",G6:G27))

What I have pertaining to this formula is:
Column G is "Score" and Column H is the marker which I enter * if I want
use the number to calculate i.e.:
Score Use
15.74 *
21.79
17.93 *

Where I have the statement instead of getting the average 16.835 I get
"#Value!".

Where am I going wrong?

Thanks!!
Stacey