Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default maximum number of fonts exceeded

I am using Excel to download data from the web. So I refresh a query on a
particular sheet about 2000 times and extract data each time from the sheet.
It turns out that after about 100 times, excel returns an error message
"maximum number of fonts exceeded" (I am translating from French so it might
be stightly different). Is there a way to purge these new fonts or not import
them ?

Thanks for your help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jeremy,

Do you have a lot of custom styles in the workbook? Try the style mapper
utility on my site to remap them if you do.

Otherwise, are there a lot of charts in the book. The too many fonts problem
used to occur in earlier versions of excel when you had lots of charts.
There's something on this on msdn if you have a look (I can't find it right
now). One work around is to make sure that autoscaling of fonts is off on
all your charts for a start.

Robin Hammond
www.enhanceddatasystems.com

"Jeremy Bertomeu" <Jeremy wrote in