Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
MAS MAS is offline

Default Displaying Timer

Hi,

I have a timeout timer running with the following code.

RunWhen = Now + TimeSerial(0, 0, cRunIntervalSeconds)
Application.OnTime earliesttime:=RunWhen, procedu=cRunWhat,
Schedule:=True

Workbooks("testmatrix.xls").Sheets("Sheet1").cell b14 = RunWhen

How do I get the timer to display counting down in cell B14

?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In order to convert your expensive machine and software
to a cheap dedicated countdown timer you would have to set up
smaller intervals and set the value of the cell to the
time left. You cannot directly transfer the system clock
to show in a cell. It probably won't have much effect on the
rest of your system but it sure will affect Excel.

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/datetime.htm count down timer
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/youaskedforit.htm
---
HTH,

"MAS" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I have a timeout timer running with the following code.

RunWhen = Now + TimeSerial(0, 0, cRunIntervalSeconds)
Application.OnTime earliesttime:=RunWhen, procedu=cRunWhat,
Schedule:=True

Workbooks("testmatrix.xls").Sheets("Sheet1").cell b14 = RunWhen

How do I get the timer to display counting down in cell B14

?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
MAS MAS is offline

David, thanks for that, it answered my question in a round about way. I have
now created a MsgBox brought up by a macro that will on request give me the
time remaining before the RunTime of RunWhat on the network.

Cheers.

"MAS" wrote in message

I have a timeout timer running with the following code.

RunWhen = Now + TimeSerial(0, 0, cRunIntervalSeconds)
Application.OnTime earliesttime:=RunWhen, procedu=cRunWhat,
Schedule:=True

Workbooks("testmatrix.xls").Sheets("Sheet1").cell b14 = RunWhen

How do I get the timer to display counting down in cell B14

?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sounds like a very good choice.

"MAS" wrote in message news:WU2de.10761
David, thanks for that, it answered my question in a round about way. I have
now created a MsgBox brought up by a macro that will on request give me the
time remaining before the RunTime of RunWhat on the network.

Cheers.

"David McRitchie" wrote in message
In order to convert your expensive machine and software
to a cheap dedicated countdown timer you would have to set up [clipped]

Timer Vijay Excel Worksheet Functions 1 April 6th 07 11:00 AM
Lap-timer kabildgaard Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 August 11th 06 03:26 PM
Stopping a Timer / Running a timer simultaneously on Excel Paul23 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 March 10th 06 12:08 PM
Msg Box Timer Steph[_3_] Excel Programming 13 March 18th 05 06:40 PM
Timer Neil Excel Programming 2 May 21st 04 11:30 AM