Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default using listboxes as input

Hi,
Is there a way to use listboxes as input?
I want it to work the same way InputBox works, only instead of a single
editing line there will be a list the user can choose from.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Have you looked at Data Validation. Check it out at

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Yossi" wrote in message
Is there a way to use listboxes as input?
I want it to work the same way InputBox works, only instead of a single
editing line there will be a list the user can choose from.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

yes, I know how to use data validation, but Data validation is not what I need.
I need to use it as a popup dialog.
For example when a cell is being changed I want to trigger this list box to
get additional information from the user. basically I want to trigger this
from the change event.

"Yossi" wrote in message
Is there a way to use listboxes as input?
I want it to work the same way InputBox works, only instead of a single
editing line there will be a list the user can choose from.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

trying to understand, if user enter info in cell, do you want the following
to happen, if entry matches existing data fine, if not present a user form to
axcept new data for possible future validation if entered again.
--
Jim at Eagle

"Yossi" wrote in message
Is there a way to use listboxes as input?
I want it to work the same way InputBox works, only instead of a single
editing line there will be a list the user can choose from.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yossi,

Put a listbox on a userform and show the userform from your change event.
Put a commandbutton on the form too, that they can press when they've made
their choice. In the code for the commandbutton assign the listbox value to
wherever and then unload the userform. The listbox has a rowsource or you
can add the items at runtime.

hth,

Doug

"Yossi" wrote in message
Is there a way to use listboxes as input?
I want it to work the same way InputBox works, only instead of a single
editing line there will be a list the user can choose from.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks, Doug, I think this is what I was looking for.

"Yossi" wrote in message
Is there a way to use listboxes as input?
I want it to work the same way InputBox works, only instead of a single
editing line there will be a list the user can choose from.

listboxes [email protected] Excel Programming 2 March 30th 05 06:41 PM
listboxes [email protected] Excel Programming 3 February 22nd 05 04:01 PM
Listboxes 2 Denise Excel Programming 2 June 8th 04 06:39 PM
listboxes Mandy[_2_] Excel Programming 3 May 7th 04 04:38 PM
Listboxes Lionel Fridjhon Excel Programming 0 April 5th 04 06:28 PM