Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Talking about difficult things¡¡¡¡

Ok. Wath happened If I make a macro and distribute it to a lot of people????
Answer: In some computers will run and in others dons, why???
Because the security level, if is at medium or high my macro isnt going to
run, but if is in low it will run.

What if The people with my program are a little slow in computer issues????
(A little????, they dont even know how to run excel)???
So I need to put a code before all the codes in my program (some where in
workbook code) that establishes the security level of macros to Low.
This can be done?????????????????
TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No, it can't. Your macros CAN be run with the security settings set to
Medium; it's jut that the user must Enable macros when prompted, instead of
Disable macros when prompted. A couple of good write ups on Strong arm
tactics ...

http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=379

HTH

Zack Barresse, aka firefytr

"filo666" wrote in message
Ok. Wath happened If I make a macro and distribute it to a lot of
people????
Answer: In some computers will run and in others dons, why???
Because the security level, if is at medium or high my macro isn't going
run, but if is in low it will run.

What if The people with my program are a little slow in computer
issues????
(A little????, they don't even know how to run excel)???
So I need to put a code before all the codes in my program (some where in
workbook code) that establishes the security level of macros to Low.
This can be done?????????????????
TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could always buy a code signing certificate from verisign or thwate.
That will at least get you a prompt when user security is set to high.

Or you could write your addin in .net and run under .net security settings

cheers
simon