Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
cdb cdb is offline

Default Radomising rows in a spreadsheet

I currently have a list of data that looks like this:

Pay No Name Age
1 Dave 23
2 James 35
3 Lucy 19
etc

And I need some code that can randomise the order of the rows so that the
outcome will look like this:

Pay No Name Age
19 Joanne 29
31 Susan 44
1 Dave 23
etc

Can anyone help?

cdb
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

in the column beyond age, put in

=rand()
in the top cell (D2 for example) and copy down.

then sort the data using that column as the key value.

Tom Ogilvy