Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default dde

I created a DDE link between an excel 2003 file and another applicaition
program for data acquisition.
However, the cell that was linked with the application program only has the
latest data. How can i get the data history?
Thanks! i am a beginner in excel. please give me detail instructions
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry Tom,

The change event will not be triggered when the linked data changes.

Rody

"Tom Ogilvy" schreef in bericht
You would have to save the value somewhere else each time it changed. See
the Change Event

Tom Ogilvy

"DDE data history" <DDE data wrote in
message ...
I created a DDE link between an excel 2003 file and another applicaition
program for data acquisition.
However, the cell that was linked with the application program only has

the
latest data. How can i get the data history?
Thanks! i am a beginner in excel. please give me detail instructions

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

From help on the change event:

Occurs when cells on the worksheet are changed by the user or by an external
link.

If you are using xl97, this didn't work, but it was fixed in xl2000 and
later. Where do you get your information?

Tom Ogilvy

"Rody" wrote in message
Sorry Tom,

The change event will not be triggered when the linked data changes.

Rody

"Tom Ogilvy" schreef in bericht
You would have to save the value somewhere else each time it changed.

See
the Change Event

Tom Ogilvy

"DDE data history" <DDE data wrote in
message ...
I created a DDE link between an excel 2003 file and another

applicaition
program for data acquisition.
However, the cell that was linked with the application program only has

the
latest data. How can i get the data history?
Thanks! i am a beginner in excel. please give me detail instructions

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Tom,

My expirience was with XL97. But i tested jus a minute ago the same in
Xl2003. Same result.
On my computer i have a programm called Wonderware Intouch. This app has a
variable with the name $second, and it's a time value.
In my workbook i linked it via DDE, so:

=view|tagname!$second

This should raise the event every second, but it didn't! I can't explain it.
Manualy typing data in a cell did raise the event............

Rody

"Tom Ogilvy" schreef in bericht
From help on the change event:

"Rody" wrote in message
Sorry Tom,

The change event will not be triggered when the linked data changes.

Rody

"Tom Ogilvy" schreef in bericht
You would have to save the value somewhere else each time it changed.

See
the Change Event

Tom Ogilvy

"DDE data history" <DDE data wrote
in
message ...
I created a DDE link between an excel 2003 file and another

applicaition
program for data acquisition.
However, the cell that was linked with the application program only
has
the
latest data. How can i get the data history?
Thanks! i am a beginner in excel. please give me detail instructions

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It was my understanding it works (and of course help supports that).
However, as a fall back, the time tested

workbook level property
SetLinkOnData

should work.

Tom Ogilvy

"Rody" wrote in message
Hi Tom,

My expirience was with XL97. But i tested jus a minute ago the same in
Xl2003. Same result.
On my computer i have a programm called Wonderware Intouch. This app has a
variable with the name $second, and it's a time value.
In my workbook i linked it via DDE, so:

=view|tagname!$second

This should raise the event every second, but it didn't! I can't explain

it.
Manualy typing data in a cell did raise the event............

Rody

"Tom Ogilvy" schreef in bericht
From help on the change event:

"Rody" wrote in message
Sorry Tom,

The change event will not be triggered when the linked data changes.

Rody

"Tom Ogilvy" schreef in bericht
You would have to save the value somewhere else each time it changed.

See
the Change Event

Tom Ogilvy

"DDE data history" <DDE data wrote
in
message ...
I created a DDE link between an excel 2003 file and another

applicaition
program for data acquisition.
However, the cell that was linked with the application program only
has
the
latest data. How can i get the data history?
Thanks! i am a beginner in excel. please give me detail instructions

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom, thanks for your reply. I tried, it seems that the change event was not
be triggered when the linked data changes.
IS there anything else that i can do?
Thanks
--
cc