Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Passwrods

Hi,
Is it possible to allow a user to enter their pin number and password in
order to generate a table of results unique to that user. The idea is that
each user can only view their own summary of performance. There are some
500 users of this and it is not practicable to give them all a unique
workbook for themselves.

Mickey

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could use

Environ("UserName")

Which returns the name of the user currently logged in to the system. Based
on that you will know who you are dealing with and can display only the info
they are authorized to view...

HTH

"MBlake" wrote:

Hi,
Is it possible to allow a user to enter their pin number and password in
order to generate a table of results unique to that user. The idea is that
each user can only view their own summary of performance. There are some
500 users of this and it is not practicable to give them all a unique
workbook for themselves.

Mickey

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Jim,
Can you explain how I use this?. I entered <Environ("UserName") into a
cell but got just the printed text. I entered it as =Environ("UserName")
and got NAME?

Mickey

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This is a VBA method, not a worksheet function. To get this into a
worksheet fucntion, you can use something like this ...

http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=234

Making use of the UDF in the link, you could use the worksheet function ...

=GetName("Windows")

HTH, and regards,
Zack Barresse