Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default automatically running a macro

Sorry, I'm quite new to this and I'm not sure of protocol.
Thanks for everything.
Steve
"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
There is a response in public.excel. There is no need to post separately

each group.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"42410" wrote in message
Hello,
I have written a macro which operates by means of ctrl + Q. (This letter

was
merely an arbitrary choice!)

The action is as follows:-
1. Enter new data in a cell then press <ENTER
2. The data is then automatically compared with the contents of a cell

on
different sheet
3. If the new cell data is greater than or equal in value to that data

in
the cell on the other sheet then change the font colour of the new cell

data
to red and display the difference between the two cells in a cell in

another
column
4. Otherwise just display the new contents of the cell in a black font
colour as normal and do nothing else

I have the code to do all this in the macro but I want to make the code

run
automatically when I press <ENTER after updating the contents of any

one
of
several cells on a worksheet.

I don't know how to do this by means of an IF function, as it requires
several things to happen as the data in the cell is entered.

Can anyone tell me how to do it?

Thank you in advance for your kind help.

Steve