Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default excel solver

Hi,

I should apply the solver function a lot of times and I'd need to know if
exist a function that make me able, once I've set the solver up, to obtain
the estimated coefficient of the regression (the output

of the solver) for each month of a my temporal series without change every
time the cells.

Is there a function? or I've to use VB. In that case how con i build this
macro?

I hope you have understand what I mean, cause I'm not English, and someone
can give me help.

Thanks. Bye

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You would have to use VBA. Turn on the macro recorder (Tools | Macro
Record new macro...), go through the steps to set up Solver and solve
the problem for one month, and turn off the macro recorder. Share the
code you get in this newsgroup (in the text of a message) and indicate
how the data for multple months are laid out. Someone should be able
to generalize the code for multiple months.

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,