Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Dates and Combo box

I am inserting a combobox on a user form, which will display a list of dates
from a linked worksheet. I have succesfully displayed the current date in
the combobox, but if I need to use an alternative date and click the drop
down arrow, it starts at the beginning of the list, meaning the user may have
to scroll a long way to get to the date they need.

Is there anyway to make the list start part way through i.e. at today's
date, giving the user the option to scroll up or down to the appropriate
date. Am I using the wrong control?

NB I can't use the calendar option suggested in other posts for entering
dates (company security policy ).

Thanks for any suggestions
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use the TopIndex property of the combobox after you fill it.

Have you code set it to the row that you want to appear at the top of the
visible portion of the dropdown.

Tom Ogilvy