Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default copyfromrecordset not working

I've encountered a problem with copyfromrecordset that has me
mystified. I set up a program for a guy at work that uses the
CopyFromRecordset method and it worked fine until he got a new box.
Now, when the program runs, although the recordset is non-empty, not
BOF or EOF etc., CopyFromRecordset does not paste anything into Excel.
This is for Office 2003, library release 11.0, DAO release 3.6. There
are no error messages. I suspect there is something weird about the
box because the program runs fine on other boxes with the same Office
specs. IOW, this dude has a different model than the others and all
others have the same model. ISTM that this would be a bizarre problem,
though...Anyway, need some help. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I may post it on Monday when I get back to work...but I've learned that
my boss had the same problem. He got a different box, and
CopyFromRecordset stopped working. They then gave him the model that
the rest of us have, and, hey presto, it worked again. Nothing
changed, except the box...Weird...