Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Searching 5 or 6 excel files for specific data...

I need to be able to search 5 or 6 separate excel files that in turn hold
around 10,000 rows of customer data each and find precise records...

For instance I need to find PAUL SMITH of LONDON with postcode E17 4AJ, how
can I do this simply?

Regards

Scott

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I would load the data into Access or some other database. For perfomance and
ease this would be my favorite option... Then you can query out whtever your
heart desires. Not to mentionit puts all of your data in one basket... To
quote Andrew Carnegi... Put all your eggs in one basket and then watch that
basket. Just my two cents...

"Scott" wrote:

I need to be able to search 5 or 6 separate excel files that in turn hold
around 10,000 rows of customer data each and find precise records...

For instance I need to find PAUL SMITH of LONDON with postcode E17 4AJ, how
can I do this simply?

Regards

Scott

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Unfortunately I do not have that option. The only option I have is to
search each of the files and as opposed to opening each one individually and
searching I'm sure there must be a way I can automatically search each one
from one location and produce the desired results.

It doesn't matter if the code is slow and crude... I just need something to
get my teeth into!!!

Scott