Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Other option of InputBox for range selection

Hi All,
In my vb 6 application,clicking on "pick range" button, I want user to
select range of selection (Like "$A1:$B5") like what
Application.InputBox(prompt:=xPrompt, Title:=xTitle, Type:=0)
does.
But the thing is I DON'T WANT ANY MESSAGE BOX. Just user selects from excel
file and after selection the excel file will become invisible.
Please give me any idea to do that,
Thanks,
-Rajput Yogendrasinh

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Patrick,
But I don't know about RefEdit control. Will you please tell about that.
Thanks again,
-Rajput Yogendrasinh

"Patrick Molloy" wrote:

how about your button shows a userform. your userform has one control, a
RefEdit control

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It is an extra form control.

On the form toolbox, right-click and select more controls, and scroll down
and pick RefEDit from that list.

Drag it onto your form and play with it. It will look familiar, you will see
it in many Excel dialogs.

--

HTH

RP

"Patrick Molloy" wrote:

how about your button shows a userform. your userform has one control, a
RefEdit control

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for suggesion Bob,
But I when I try do add that control it gives error.
"object library invalid or contains object definitions that could not be
found"
I have search about it but haven't got any concrete answer !!!
-yogee

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

It is an extra form control.

On the form toolbox, right-click and select more controls, and scroll down
and pick RefEDit from that list.

Drag it onto your form and play with it. It will look familiar, you will see
it in many Excel dialogs.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I selected the item RefEdit ctrl and click on ok which gave me that error. Do
I need to add any reference for that ???
I am using office XP 2003
Thank You,
-yogee

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

It is an extra form control.

On the form toolbox, right-click and select more controls, and scroll

down
and pick RefEDit from that list.

Drag it onto your form and play with it. It will look familiar, you will

see
it in many Excel dialogs.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry I have clicked on "yes" button (was this post helpful to you?) wrongly
in Bob's question and I am not able to back trace now... So it's shows my
qustion as answered but it's not answered