Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
KJO KJO is offline

Default calculate time/distance

I need to calculate time in miles per hour. ie:

6 miles per hour-travel .5 miles = what decimal amount of time?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Divide the speed (MPH) by the distance traveled:
travel time time
spd/mph miles hours minutes
6 0.5 0.083333 5
6 1 0.1666667 10
6 12 2 120
6 24 4 240

JimH

"KJO" wrote:

I need to calculate time in miles per hour. ie:

6 miles per hour-travel .5 miles = what decimal amount of time?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

=distance/mph*60 in minutes

--

HTH

RP

"KJO" wrote in message
I need to calculate time in miles per hour. ie:

6 miles per hour-travel .5 miles = what decimal amount of time?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Whoops, divide the distance traveled by the speed; data posted is correct

"JimH" wrote:

Divide the speed (MPH) by the distance traveled:
travel time time
spd/mph miles hours minutes
6 0.5 0.083333 5
6 1 0.166667 10