-   -   How do I use check boxes to determine which worksheets to print? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/327831-how-do-i-use-check-boxes-determine-worksheets-print.html)

Slugger

How do I use check boxes to determine which worksheets to print?

I have a workbook with 4 worksheets, each containing a separate report that I
have formatted to print. I would like to create a 5th worksheet to use a
print control form. It would haveh check boxes to select the tabs and one
button that would print the selected tabs. Is there a way to do this without
getting to deep into VB? Thanks!

Jim Thomlinson[_3_]

How do I use check boxes to determine which worksheets to print?

Nope... To do this you need to use VBA. There is no way to just record a
macro either. This is custom stuff. It is not really intricate stuff, but it
is custom built, so if you want to proceed let us know and we can give you a
hand...

HTH

"Slugger" wrote:

I have a workbook with 4 worksheets, each containing a separate report that I
have formatted to print. I would like to create a 5th worksheet to use a
print control form. It would haveh check boxes to select the tabs and one
button that would print the selected tabs. Is there a way to do this without
getting to deep into VB? Thanks!

Slugger

How do I use check boxes to determine which worksheets to prin

Let's get into it! Thanks Jim. If I'm going to do it, I should do it right.

"Slugger" wrote:

I have a workbook with 4 worksheets, each containing a separate report that I
have formatted to print. I would like to create a 5th worksheet to use a
print control form. It would haveh check boxes to select the tabs and one
button that would print the selected tabs. Is there a way to do this without
getting to deep into VB? Thanks!

Jim Thomlinson[_3_]

How do I use check boxes to determine which worksheets to prin

Add two check boxes and a command button to the sheet from the control
toolbox. Double click the command button ad add the following code:

If CheckBox1 = True Then
Sheets("Sheet1").PrintOut
End If
If CheckBox2 = True Then
Sheets("Sheet2").PrintOut
End If

This is a strat for you anyway...

"Slugger" wrote:

I have a workbook with 4 worksheets, each containing a separate report that I
have formatted to print. I would like to create a 5th worksheet to use a
print control form. It would haveh check boxes to select the tabs and one
button that would print the selected tabs. Is there a way to do this without
getting to deep into VB? Thanks!

Slugger

How do I use check boxes to determine which worksheets to prin

Thanks Jim. How would I end the code?

"Slugger" wrote:

I have a workbook with 4 worksheets, each containing a separate report that I
have formatted to print. I would like to create a 5th worksheet to use a
print control form. It would haveh check boxes to select the tabs and one
button that would print the selected tabs. Is there a way to do this without
getting to deep into VB? Thanks!

Jim Thomlinson[_3_]

How do I use check boxes to determine which worksheets to prin

I am not 100% sure what you mean... Your code should look something like
this...

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
If CheckBox1 = True Then
Sheets("Sheet1").PrintOut
End If
If CheckBox2 = True Then
Sheets("Sheet2").PrintOut

When you click on the button it check the value of the checkboxes and if
they are checked it prints out the appropriate sheet...

HTH

"Slugger" wrote:

I have a workbook with 4 worksheets, each containing a separate report that I
have formatted to print. I would like to create a 5th worksheet to use a
print control form. It would haveh check boxes to select the tabs and one
button that would print the selected tabs. Is there a way to do this without
getting to deep into VB? Thanks!

Slugger

How do I use check boxes to determine which worksheets to prin

I copied the code in but it doesn't seem to be working. Is there something I
can check to see if I have it formatted correctly? Thanks again Jim
Don

"Slugger" wrote:

I have a workbook with 4 worksheets, each containing a separate report that I
have formatted to print. I would like to create a 5th worksheet to use a
print control form. It would haveh check boxes to select the tabs and one
button that would print the selected tabs. Is there a way to do this without
getting to deep into VB? Thanks!

Nikki

How do I use check boxes to determine which worksheets to prin

Is there a code to use that allows all check boxes to be ticked or all tabs
to be printed? I have a worksheet with 18 tabs in it and do not want to have
to tick 18 boxes each time I want all 18 to be printed.

Thanks

"Slugger" wrote:

I have a workbook with 4 worksheets, each containing a separate report that I
have formatted to print. I would like to create a 5th worksheet to use a
print control form. It would haveh check boxes to select the tabs and one
button that would print the selected tabs. Is there a way to do this without
getting to deep into VB? Thanks!

Nikki

How do I use check boxes to determine which worksheets to prin

Also is there a code to untick all boxes if they have already been ticked?