Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How can I put a cell location (ie. row and column #, not value

Thanks Jim! That's exactly what I needed!

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

Try this...

Sub FindDate()
Dim wks As Worksheet
Dim rngSearch As Range
Dim rngFound As Range

Set wks = ActiveSheet
Set rngSearch = wks.Cells
Set rngFound = rngSearch.Find("4/1/2005")

If rngFound Is Nothing Then
MsgBox "Sorry... Not Found"
Else
MsgBox rngFound.Address

HTH

"KyWilde" wrote:

I have a date value, 4/1/2005, that I would like to find the cell location of
and put into a variable. Is this possible? I would like to use this
location to calculate other necessary items dynamically as the dates pass.
All I really need, and definitely need, is the row the value is in. If you
have an idea on how to do this it would be most helpful and appreciated.
Thanks!