Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do I construct a text box which will pop-up based on a condit.

I want a text box to pop-up when a condition in an "IF" statement is true. I
am using Excell.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Can't do that. Worksheet functions can only return a value.

You would need VBA event code to do this. What sort of textbox do you
envisage?

--

HTH

RP

"aoliveira" wrote in message
I want a text box to pop-up when a condition in an "IF" statement is true.

am using Excell.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

if condition then
ans = Inputbox("Tell me again")
End if

Tom Ogilvy

"aoliveira" wrote in message
I want a text box to pop-up when a condition in an "IF" statement is true.

am using Excell.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

As a guess you want to let the user know when they have entered something
that they shouldn't have. In this case what you want to use is Validation
from

Data - Validation

menu. If that is not what you are looking for then you need to give us more
details and you need to be prepared as Bob refered to "need VBA event code to
do this"

HTH