Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Does anyone have an excel macro that converts states to 2 digit f.

I deal with huge ranges of data daily. We have a "proper text" macro, but
that capitalizes everything, and changes acronyms and two digit state
abbreviations to upper and lower case. I need a macro that will run proper
text on names, changes "california" to "CA", does NOT change "12th" to 12Th",
Changes "Lane" and "Road" to "Ln" and "Rd" without changing words like
"Fairlane" and "Roades" to "FairLn." and "Rd.es". Our current macro makes
all these errors, so it takes almost as much time to clean up after running
it as it does to scrub the raw data.

I'd appreciate any help.

Thx,
Bryghtfalcon
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This is a million requests in one. Each example you cite is a different
piece of code, and no doubt you have a hundred more.

You need to prioritise and tackle one at a time, building it up piece by
piece.

And you refer (darkly :-)) to '... current macro makes all these errors ...'
so it sounds as if you need to incorporate it in there or update that code.

It sounds to me like you need to write a spec and hire someone.

--

HTH

RP