Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default [Help] How to merge two charts?

1. There are two charts M and N.
Column A of chart M means part-number (numbers and letters), Column B of
chart M means part-name (in Japanese);
Column A of chart N means part-number (numbers and letters), Column B of
chart N means part-name (in English);

2. Column M contains much more parts than Column N, which means N belongs to
M;
But M and N obey exactly the same part-number naming rule;

3. While most people can't Japanese but English, so it is planned to add the
English part-names from Column N into Column M, just as remarks to
corresponding Japanese part-names, meaning add a Column P on the right of
Column M.

4. I'm very poor at VB, so can anybody kindly show me some tips about the VB
functions and some scripts?

Btw, I'm using MS Excel 2003.

Thanks very much!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You shouldn't need any VB. Just look at the vlookup function in Excel help.

Afteryou are satisfied you have collected the information you need, you can
select the column, do edit=copy, then immediately, Edit=Paste Special and
select values. This will replace the lookup formulas with the results they
display.

Tom Ogilvy