Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default summing comma separated values in a range

I have a range of cells filled with comma separated values e.g.

8,2,0,0,1,0,0
3,0,7,1,0,0,2
5,0,3,0,2,0,2

I'd like to be able to total the values:

16,2,10,1,3,0,4

Right now I use a function that adds the 1st argument of each
individual cell (I have to identify each one) and the then a second
function for the next argument and so on... (too much typing of ab123
etc. I'd really like to simplify the work and be able to have one
function work for any range of cells.

The reason for the comma separated values was an attempt to make the
data easier to read (fewer columns).

thanks