Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Option Button problem

I have a form which contains 4 option buttons. I would like them to be
independently checkable. To do this, I made each button a seperate group. I
can check all of them independently now, but once they are checked, they
don't seem to be able to be unchecked. How can I configure the button so that
it can be unselected by clicking on it again?

Thanks.

--
Paul
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Don't put the buttons in any group (frame) at all. Just use plain option
buttons with no frame. That way they act independently. A group presumes a
choice is required, and if only one button, only one choice - so you can't
deselect it.

"Paul" wrote:

I have a form which contains 4 option buttons. I would like them to be
independently checkable. To do this, I made each button a seperate group. I
can check all of them independently now, but once they are checked, they
don't seem to be able to be unchecked. How can I configure the button so that
it can be unselected by clicking on it again?

Thanks.

--
Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That makes it no easier, they automatically assume the same group, which you
can overcome by separate groupnames, but they still don't unclick. Option
buttons only unclick when another button in that group is click.

Use checkboxes!

--

HTH

RP