Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default RUNNING WINZIP32 FROM EXCEL

Hi
and thanks in advance

I need to zip up all the files in 50 plus directories. I
can open WINZIP32 but how do I pass it parameters?
TID = SHELL("WINZIP32.EXE",1) gets the program up and
running but it doesn't do anything. How do I tell it what
to zip?

Mike
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

As far as I know, WinZip doesn't support any type of automation
beyond startup switches in the command line. Open WinZip's help
file and look for "command line" or "startup switches" or
something similar.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Mike215" wrote in message
Hi
and thanks in advance

I need to zip up all the files in 50 plus directories. I
can open WINZIP32 but how do I pass it parameters?
TID = SHELL("WINZIP32.EXE",1) gets the program up and
running but it doesn't do anything. How do I tell it what
to zip?

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Mike

See
http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb...=4678&lngWId=1

and the explanation at
http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb...=4696&lngWId=1

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"Mike215" skrev i melding
Hi
and thanks in advance

I need to zip up all the files in 50 plus directories. I
can open WINZIP32 but how do I pass it parameters?
TID = SHELL("WINZIP32.EXE",1) gets the program up and
running but it doesn't do anything. How do I tell it what
to zip?

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Chip and Mike

I have example code on my site

http://www.rondebruin.nl/zip.htm
And
http://www.rondebruin.nl/unzip.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Mike215" wrote in message ...
Hi
and thanks in advance

I need to zip up all the files in 50 plus directories. I
can open WINZIP32 but how do I pass it parameters?
TID = SHELL("WINZIP32.EXE",1) gets the program up and
running but it doesn't do anything. How do I tell it what
to zip?

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ron,

I've tried using the the example on your website, but it seems to get stuck
at "ShellAndWait". It gives me a 'Compile error...Sub or Function not
defined'.

Do you have any insight on this?

Thanks,
Paul

"Mike215" wrote in message
Hi
and thanks in advance

I need to zip up all the files in 50 plus directories. I
can open WINZIP32 but how do I pass it parameters?
TID = SHELL("WINZIP32.EXE",1) gets the program up and
running but it doesn't do anything. How do I tell it what
to zip?

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

At the bottom of the zip.htm page, there's code that must be included in your
project.

Did you take a copy?

"Mike215" wrote in message
Hi
and thanks in advance

I need to zip up all the files in 50 plus directories. I
can open WINZIP32 but how do I pass it parameters?
TID = SHELL("WINZIP32.EXE",1) gets the program up and
running but it doesn't do anything. How do I tell it what
to zip?

Mike

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Dave,

I missed that part. I guess I should have read through the whole thing.
It works now.

Thanks again.
Paul

"Mike215" wrote in message
Hi
and thanks in advance

I need to zip up all the files in 50 plus directories. I
can open WINZIP32 but how do I pass it parameters?
TID = SHELL("WINZIP32.EXE",1) gets the program up and
running but it doesn't do anything. How do I tell it what
to zip?

Mike

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi PCLIVE

I missed that part. I guess I should have read through the whole thing.

Glad you got it working
My SendMail add -in for Outlook have this option also

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl