Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Missing help in Excel 2003

With the following statement:

Debug.Print Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup("a", "range1", 1)

If I hightlight Vlookup and hit F1, I see an error

"The page cannot be displayed"

Properties upon the error message shows that it tried to access the
following address:

res://C:\WINDOWS\system32\shdoclc.dll/dnserror.htm#mk:@MSITStoC:\Program%20Files\Micr osoft%20Office\OFFICE11\1033\VBAXL10.CHM::/html/xlmthVLookup.htm

On the above statement, I can however highlight "WorksheetFunction" and
press F1 and see the correct help page.

Any ideas what's wrong ? At time of installation I did a Full install so
everything should exist.

Regards,

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

if you had
DIM range1 as Range
DIM Result as string

then
result = Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup("a", Range1, 1,False)

If range1 is the textual name of a named range, then
result = Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup("a", Range("range1", 1,False)

The '1' in the VLOOKUP returns the value in the first column of the lookup
table, the key itself. If so, then MATCH might be a better function.

"Steve" wrote:

With the following statement:

Debug.Print Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup("a", "range1", 1)

If I hightlight Vlookup and hit F1, I see an error

"The page cannot be displayed"

Properties upon the error message shows that it tried to access the
following address:

res://C:\WINDOWS\system32\shdoclc.dll/dnserror.htm#mk:@MSITStoC:\Program%20Files\Micr osoft%20Office\OFFICE11\1033\VBAXL10.CHM::/html/xlmthVLookup.htm

On the above statement, I can however highlight "WorksheetFunction" and
press F1 and see the correct help page.

Any ideas what's wrong ? At time of installation I did a Full install so
everything should exist.

Regards,

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Steve

it's a problem that has been raised in these ngs before .. to get help on
worksheet functions, i find i have to type worksheet functions into the "ask
a question box" and then go through the the help task pane to get there .
.... :(

--
Cheers
JulieD