Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Need formula that will read time as min:sec in excel

Nikki,

If I understand correctly:

the Custom format [mm]:ss will accomplish the first, and [ss] the second.

hth,

Doug

"Nikki2865" wrote in message
Im trying to create a format within excel that will let excel read the

time
as min:sec instead of hours:sec or hours:min. Then I want to create a
formula to automatically convert that cell into a separte cell showing all
min:secs as seconds only.
Any ideas? I dont think it is possible due to the default within Excel in
regards to the ":" sign.
Need any and all help.
Thanks