Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Looping through a Type

I'm not sure if I'd use the UDT's, I think I'd prefer
some simple classes with public member variables <G
but here goes:

you cannot use a for each.. which needs a variant or object,
and a UDT cannot be 'coerced', so you'd need to loop on the bounds of
the arrays.

Option Explicit

Type cp
sName As String
iValue As Long
End Type
Type ap
sName As String
iValue As Long
End Type

Sub LOOPING()
Dim arrCP(10) As cp
Dim arrAP(10) As ap
Dim n&
Dim rArchive As Range

'dummy code to fill the arrays
Set rArchive = Worksheets(2).Cells(1)
For n = LBound(arrCP) To UBound(arrCP)
arrCP(n).iValue = n + 1
arrAP(n).iValue = (n + 1) * 3
Next

'the loop
For n = LBound(arrCP) To UBound(arrCP)
Worksheets(1).Cells(3, arrCP(n).iValue) = rArchive.Cells(1,
arrAP(n).iValue)
Next

keepITcool

J Streger wrote :

I have a formula that pulls into an array (icolumnpos) the column
position on a sheet. This array is set as a User Defined Type.
(icolumnpos.sName or icolumnpos.iValue).

I also have an array with information, using a similar but different
named user defined type, to store information based on category
(rArchive(1).sName or rArchive(54).ivalue).

I have code at this point that enters information into the sheet,
matching up column position to the array, but it is all hardcoded. I
have 95 lines of code, each telling the code to put this array result
into this column. The only difference between each line is the .sName
or .ivalue portions, and they are the same on both sides of the
equation for each. Example:

cells(iwparray,icolumnpos.sname).value = rarchive(inewwp).sname

The for next statement increases iwparray and inewwp each loop
through.

I was trying to write something like this:

dim vcell as variant

For Each vCell In icolumnpos
Worksheets("Workpackages").Cells(iWPArray,
iColumnPos.vCell).Value = rArchive(iNewWP).vCell
Next

but this doesn't work. Any suggestions on hwo to make this looping
statement work rather than write the line 95 some times? Any help
would be most appreciated!!! Thanks.