Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
KR KR is offline

Default Using VBA to create (complex) charts on the fly

I'm working with a standard data set, but an internal customer who wants to
be able to slice the data a whole bunch of different ways. I could lay out
every level of analysis and populate it across multiple worksheets (enough
to captu raw counts for each indicator, then percents for each indicator,
then summary groups of indicators, then total; by person and overall; and by
each of three shifts or overall), but that doesn't seem terribly useful.

My other option is just to keep the data in memory, and crunch the data for
whatever analysis my customer wants to see. That way if he wants another
graph, I can just create it off the memory array, and not worry about
whether I have to change the structure of large sheets of data.

However, while I've updated ranges on worksheets that feed into graphs using
VBA, I've never created whole charts on the fly. Are there any FAQs or web
sites that give lots of detail on how to do this easily, so I can determine
whether it is realistic for me to come up with an acceptable product
quickly, vs. just pumping the data into worksheets?

Thanks for any info,
Keith

--
The enclosed questions or comments are entirely mine and don't represent the
thoughts, views, or policy of my employer. Any errors or omissions are my