Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
RaY RaY is offline

Default VBA error code

Can anyone advise what this error message means?

VBA interphase error 0x80040517

Driving me crazy. The module runs across the network fine sometimes then
just quits for a while and spits out the above error message. If placed local
on the PC it works fine? It is a print routine that sends to a printer via
network connection.

Please help..LOL
--
Ray
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Ray" wrote in message
Can anyone advise what this error message means?

VBA interphase error 0x80040517

Driving me crazy. The module runs across the network fine sometimes then
just quits for a while and spits out the above error message. If placed

local
on the PC it works fine? It is a print routine that sends to a printer via
network connection.

Please help..LOL
--
Ray

It means " VBA Interface error". I guess it could mean there's a problem
with the printer. Have you checked it when you get this error? Do yu use an
error handler? Maybe it could give a better description.

7fredrik

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
RaY RaY is offline

Printer is fine. All other apps print fine. Its just this print routine that
has problems. Several users execute just fine while at same time others have
problems? Its not the same users each time either.

"Fredrik Wahlgren" wrote:

"Ray" wrote in message
Can anyone advise what this error message means?

VBA interphase error 0x80040517

Driving me crazy. The module runs across the network fine sometimes then
just quits for a while and spits out the above error message. If placed

local
on the PC it works fine? It is a print routine that sends to a printer via
network connection.

Please help..LOL
--
Ray

It means " VBA Interface error". I guess it could mean there's a problem
with the printer. Have you checked it when you get this error? Do yu use an
error handler? Maybe it could give a better description.

7fredrik

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Ray" wrote in message
Printer is fine. All other apps print fine. Its just this print routine

that
has problems. Several users execute just fine while at same time others

have
problems? Its not the same users each time either.

"Fredrik Wahlgren" wrote:

Snipped from
http://discussion.bentley.com/cgi-bi...tem=8181&utag=

The VBA SDK returns the status 0x80040517 to MicroStation.

The SDK
documentation says that it means "Too many open files".

/Fredrik

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
RaY RaY is offline

Kudos Fredrik! Not only does this identify the problem but also gives an
example of the exact same situation with exact same symptoms. The application
I am using is Microstation and the article is addressing the same problem
within microstation.

Thanks much!!

"Fredrik Wahlgren" wrote:

Snipped from
http://discussion.bentley.com/cgi-bi...tem=8181&utag=

The VBA SDK returns the status 0x80040517 to MicroStation.
The SDK
documentation says that it means "Too many open files".

/Fredrik

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Ray" wrote in message
Kudos Fredrik! Not only does this identify the problem but also gives an
example of the exact same situation with exact same symptoms. The

application
I am using is Microstation and the article is addressing the same problem
within microstation.

Thanks much!!

"Fredrik Wahlgren" wrote:

You're welcome.