Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default how to automatic upload data between excel spreadsheets

Hello,

Is there a way to use a macro to automatically upload data from one
spreadsheet into another? At the moment i have to use copy and paste option -
but with the amount of data and format of the spreadsheets it has become very
time consuming. I have to copy and paste individual columns into destination
spreadsheet and I wonder if there is a way to automate this process?

I will be very grateful for any tips.
Thank you
M.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Martin" wrote in message
Hello,

Is there a way to use a macro to automatically upload data from one
spreadsheet into another? At the moment i have to use copy and paste

option -
but with the amount of data and format of the spreadsheets it has become

very
time consuming. I have to copy and paste individual columns into

destination
spreadsheet and I wonder if there is a way to automate this process?

I will be very grateful for any tips.
Thank you
M.

If you find that you always move data to and from the same cells, you can
turn on the recorder before you do this. Stop it when your're done and you
now have a macro that you can run the next time.

An alternative approach is to pull the values from the master sheet. Lets
say you want the vlue from A1 in Sheet1 appear in some other sheet. Use the
formula =[master.xls]Sheet1!$A$1 and the value will appear. Both workbooks
have to be open.

/Fredrik