Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Email from macro problem

Hi,

I have a spreadsheet that is emailed to 8 people every week by means
of a section of a macro. Each of the lines in the macro responsible
for emailing the spreadsheet are in the form

..SendMail ", Format(Range("c2"), "dd-mmm-yy"), True

I am using Excel 2000 and Outlook 2000 and unfortunatley, as a
protection device, Outlook prompts me 8 times, asking if I am aware a
programme is trying to send a mail on my behalf and do I wish to
contine?

Can anyone please advise if I can somehow disablr this function in
this particular instance?

Alternatively, within outlook it is possible to allocate a number of
email addresses to a group address, such as "Friends" or even
"Enemies"

Does anyone know how I can get such a group address to work within the
macro so at least i am only prompted once!

Any help/suggestions/advise will be much appreciated

--
Cheers

Peter
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Uzytkownik "Peter" napisal w wiadomosci

[...]

visit
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/prevent.htm
mcg

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Peter" wrote in message

[...]

One solution
In Outlook Express, and prabaly in Outlook", select Tools|Options. Selct the
security tab. Uncheck "Warn me when other applications try to send mail as
me". Not very safe

You can also select Tools|Address Book... A new window will appear and you
can create an ew group from the File menu. you should be able to use the
name you give to this group. This should give you one warning, I think.

/Fredrik

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 19:17:09 +0200, "Macgru" wrote:

Uzytkownik "Peter" napisal w wiadomosci
.. .
[...]

Many thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately the spreadsheet in
question is on my office PC and we are not permitted (or able) to load
3rd party software :-(
--
Cheers

Peter