Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Need help on "Aligning text boxes in a chart sheet"

I use VBA to create XY-scatter graph on a seperate chart sheet and plot data
points. I also create a set of text boxes on both left and right side of the
graph. But, on the right side of the graph, the "left" position of the text
boxes are not uniform ( even though I pass same constant value as left point
og each text box ). The text boxes are misaligned automatically.

Can any of you give me a solution for this ???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just a guess, but perhaps you should set the left position of the textboxes
as the last thing in your macro, after the chart is completely built.

You also might play with the "size with chart" settings of the textboxes and
see if this has an effect (protection tab).

Activechart.Textboxes(1).Placement = xlMoveAndSize ' means size with
chart
ActiveChart.Textboxes(1).Placement = xlMove ' means don't size
with chart
Tom Ogilvy